Guidelines for WDAV's Business Supporters
As defined by FCC and station standards, Business Support messages on WDAV are factual, concise and free of hyperbole.
Because WDAV's listeners value the non-commercial approach in public radio, for many businesses and organizations, this format is very effective. WDAV's business support program provides an excellent opportunity for organizations to define their product, service or event in clear, honest language, and to direct listeners to a phone number, website, or location for more detailed information.
Our staff will be happy to work with you to craft effective messages that can meet your marketing needs within the parameters of these guidelines.
WDAV business support announcements are 20 second long, including the standard station introduction.
Business support spots are read by WDAV announcers. They are introduced with "Music on WDAV is made possible by....." followed by the business' information. There is no talent "fee" for this service. WDAV does not air outside pre-recorded material.
Business Supporter information might include:
• A value-neutral description of products and services that doesn't include qualitative or comparative language.
• The location and/or duration of your business
• The organization's mission
• A phone number and/or web address for your organization
• Event information (time, place and description)
The broadcaster is required to fully and fairly disclose the true identity of all program supporters. FCC guidelines prohibit public radio Business Support messages from including any of the following:
• Qualitative, comparative or promotional statements
• Calls to action, pricing information and inducements to buy or sell
• Advocacy, ambiguous or misleading statements